WAR TOURISMUS ( Satis Shroff )
Selensky has been demanding heavier weapons with long reach but the Europeans have been hesitating, showing reluctance in order not to provoke Putin.
For if the Ukraine had the necessary weapons they' d have gone in the offensive and definitely given the Russians a taste of their own medicine by attacking Russian cities.
The visit of the western trio is just war-tourism, doing the sights of destruction, nothing more. A lot of politicians have done this war sight- seeing tour but the result has been minimal.
Due to the loss of time, Ukranians are being slaughtered, families decomated and separated, cities bombed constantly. Humans are dying and so-called Allies discuss in endless debates in Paris, Berlin, London, Brussels and Washington.
Precious time is wasted and Ukranians are bleeding and crying for help.
A DREAM LED TO ANOTHER (SATIS SHROFF)
Bhaktapur: art by satisshroff A DREAM LED TO ANOTHER (Satis Shroff) I was around twenty years old, My head full of dreams. I left the Himalayan foothills to win a dream: A dream to go to Europe, visit places I’d read about. The Bastille from Dickens’ A Tale of Two Cities, Where I spent time recalling the French Revolution. My friend’s Parisienne sister shook her head and said: ‘Monsieur Satish, there are others ways of spending an afternoon in Paris.’ The smell of sea food at a French harbour, Such as the peasants of Normandy built. La Rochelle and the German bunkers in the Ile d’ Oleron. I peered at sea fogs from the mighty Atlantic, Watched the ‘last oozing, hours by hours, From a cider-press’ in the Vosges, as John Keats aptly put it. * * * In Blenhelm’s little tavern I saw murals of its famous son: Winston Leonhard Spencer Churchill. I stood in front of Churchill’s grave; Above his remains lay his mother. The words of James Shirley came to my mind: ‘Death lays his...

Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen