Haiku International (Satis Shroff)

Haiku International (Satis Shroff)
Haiku International (Satis Shroff)


Paper boat in the Bächle
Sails jauntily
To Matsuyama harbour

* * *
Spring awakens my garden tree
After the flowers come the apples
The birds pick the juicy harvest.

* * *
My pastime is to write
Words without rhyme
Prosepoems in the making

* * *
I'm true to Haiku,
Loath rhythm n' blues
Anything doesn't do.

* * *

I stay in my sphere
Dream of cherry blossoms
And a blonde in kimono.

* * *
Lights flicker in Mahabharat mountains
The air smells of rhododendrons
The splendour of the Himalayas.

* * *
The fishtailed one appears
Gleaming in silvery moonshine
Mirrored on placid Phewa lake.
* * *
Winter is here
The magic of snowy landscape
Out with the snowboots.

* * *

Snowflakes falling from Heaven
Frau Holle is dusting blankets
Gott sei Dank my heater works
* * *
Clouds waltz in the sky
Men are out to die
Killing fields of Ukraine.

* * *

Sudden monsoon rain
Soaks the mountainside
A landslide causes screams of agony.

* * *
Baptism of monsoon
A landslide washed the road away
Groping and cursing uphill as a child.

* * *
Waking up in bed alone
A sweet dream with a nymph
O youth!

An evening at Waldsee
I look at your deep blue eyes
Two swans in the water touch their beaks.

** *

The large ice chunks leap
Crash upon the fragile tents
The base camp's a crevice.
* * *
Sweet lips like lavender
The intoxication sweeps over me
I'm afire with ecstasy.

* * *
Snow in my tent
Earthquake
Tremor in my heart

* * *

It's April
The air is getting thinner
Avalanche growls.

* * *

The Alsatian's muzzle
Sniffs and buries deep
A hand is uncovered.
* * *
The black cat prowls at night
A long day of napping
Lied ahead.
* * *
Beneath my tree's sombrero
I sit and sip
My cuppa Darjeeling
* * *

Come Fall the leaves change
From green, yellow to scarlet
The wind drives me inside.

* * *
Lovely lavender blue
The splendour of your hue
Has, alas, vanished with Autumn.

* * *

Sweet Burgunder grapes
I share them with blackbirds
In my Schwarzwald garden.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Matinee of the Dreisam Valley Choirs (Satis Shroff)

Poetry: A Dream Led to Another (Satis Shroff)